RCU Forums - View Single Post - new smaller (composite) Sebart Avanti XS
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 02:22 PM
gringotuerto

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Gringotuerto Was your CG as per the manual? If it lands fast that is usually a sign of being a tad nose heavy, which is fine, but surprising given how far back the recommended CG is. Thanks in advance for your answer, BTW how did Bert & Ernie enjoy the ride?
I was a little confused by the manual CG because it seems way too far back. It is essentially even with the struts, although because they are trailing link gear, it is still ahead of the wheel axel. Mine was near the manual CG, but probably just a touch forward of it - perhaps 7mm, which is very little on a plane of this size. Still, the thing rotates backwards around the mains a little too easily for my liking. Anyway, with this CG, it flew well, but landed with a visible up-elevator trim, probably about 2-3mm. So I take it to mean that it is still a bit nose heavy. Super stable and nice, though. I have only flown this beast 3 times now, and all flights were good. But I didn't yet invert it to check the CG in the air. Bert and Ernie didn't puke, but they look perpetually surprised.