RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-12 Medium Tank, 1:16, Scratch, Metal
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 03:54 AM
Panzerjaeger66

Received 106 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by lposter
hello
Finished this late last night ----- still some bits I would like to change but that is always the way with these things. Could do with a polish but I am seriously done with this thing. It took more time than I thought. Tracks are plastic as I would need two sets of metal tracks and they cost more than the tank is worth.

Its RC ready and I may get around to that one day.

I put in a couple of shots of it beside a Stug and a Japanese Type 5 for scale.

Now its onto to my Maresal which I have been looking forward to.....

Many thanks for all the ecouragement underway! Sometimes it really spurs one on to continue with progress.

P
I agree, you have made a fantastic job with very skillfull hands!
Maybe the value of the used materials are not that much (which I don't believe), but the personal value is priceless! If you consider selling this beautiful handcrafted tank you should get much more than athousand bucks! Everyone who's building scratch models know this business and would agree for sure!

Originally Posted by Crius
I agree with Jerry, and don't forget that there are people out there that try to squeeze every nickel they can out of every kit. There's a 231 kit available right now that cost over $800 to deliver to the United States and it does not come with electronics or Motors, it's basically just the plastic pieces you need to make the shell. And it's more than $800. If that kit is worth $800 then you're all metal tank is easily worth $1,000 or more. Your skill is incredible, please don't sell yourself short.
What's wrong with you?! In many of your posts you complain about prices of small number kit manufactures! Try to do it yourself instead of critisizing, you would see how much work is needed to get a model working to then get it sold in low numbers!
You can be sure, we don't earn money with selling these kits or squeezing every nickel! We're only doing it as a hobby and having fun with it. Our hobby is not relevant to our income - if it would be and if everyone thought like you, all manufacturers would starve to death!!!

Greets,
Freddy
The following users liked this post:
herrmill (07-03-2021)