RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 06:42 AM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

G-62 and that plane were made for each other.

that variant had bomb mounts, when loaded with them it would use flaps. while on std load (carrying no bombs) it would not use flaps. it also had wing tanks which would only be filled on long distance missions and it might use flaps if they are full, but I cant tell if the wing tanks are full or not from picks.

as for the model I always takeoff with no flap assist but that is because of me not the model. I forget they are down, retrim, then realize what I did when prepping for landing.

landing - it does not need them (flaps). I used full flap and a lot of throttle. best to go down and dirty and fly around a while (Traffic patterns) to find the right throttle setting for you. mine needed no extra e hold when flaps were down so if the throttle is correct it will tool around with the same E hold you would have with that throttle setting clean. in wind I could do steep dives to final.

it needs rudder co-ordination, in cross wind at scale speeds it will wag its tail. I put a gyro in mine to stop that but did not like it and removed it. full tilt w g-62 no wagging.

it flys like a trainer with lots of side area, till it reminds you its not.

good luck! its a lot of fun

Joe