RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA's new "free benefit" isn't new at all ... LAANC's been free for a year already
Old 01-05-2021, 09:07 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by AAbdu
A couple of points;
1. I don't make an equivalency between transparency and a desire for help, that's just me. Tha fact that not everything is shared is prolly more a function of the challenges of effective mass communication vs. any overt dishonesty. And before anyone mentions it, being evasive and refusing to directly answer questions is different and should be handle differently.
2. As for priorities:
A. I can't say what the highest priority for the membership is, I can only say what my highest priority is, but yours is likely different. I know it's a stretch but I am allowing for the possibility that Telemedicine is a top 5 priority.
B. I have zero insight as to the completion of any list as described above and any suggestion to the contrary is unintentional.
C. I was completely unaware that I already had access to telemedicine services, I plan to take advantage immediately as my fricken back is killin me! Who is my provider (I have BCBS through my wife's employer)?
3. We live in the Information Age, are there really any secrets? Our DVP is the famous Tim Jesky, and he is as straight a shooter as I have ever known, and a very dear friend, if I had a question he would give me an honest answer, if he didn't know he would find someone that does. My point is, if you want to know, keep asking till you get an answer. It worked for Andy Dufrain (Shawshank Redemption).

do I blindly follow AMA EC leadership... No
am I worried about my continued ability to safely and legally enjoy the hobby I love... Absolutely
do I feel like the AMA is doing everything possible to make that happen.... Prolly not

​​​But here is the difference; I don't think I can do it better nor do I want that crappy prolly low paying, and from the sounds of it, thankless PIA job. Until such time as that changes I will quietly support the effort.
Nicely stated post, my compliments on it. That said, I still stand by my belief(stated in my previous post) that the powers that be don't want anyone to know what's going on nor are they willing to accept or solicit ideas other than what they come up with themselves.