RCU Forums - View Single Post - What components to use for a heavy-lift long-range fixed wing plane?
Old 01-06-2021, 11:07 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Your best component is study. What you're proposing is an extreme stretch for even very experienced people, and most likely would only be accomplished with a "team" rather then any individual.

Also what you're proposing isn't anywhere in the "general hobby" area... but more like very advanced in many aspects. I'm guessing by your question here in the "beginners" forum that you've never flown any RC planes at all... and don't have a grasp on what's available to the mainstream hobbyist and what other advanced resources might be needed for what you're asking.

If you've never flown an RC plane, the first thing would be get a trainer plane, an instructor, and go about learning to fly, and getting a foot hold on that, and see for yourself what kind of challenges even the simplest plane holds when flying LOS(line of sight)... and therein you'll gain insight on what might be needed to fly long range, out of sight. That's a whole different game I'm sure... but before that would even occur just learning to fly and studying it would be your best component to your whole scenario... walk before you run.. or even find out if you can walk(in this case fly).

These types of posts come up frequently, with the original posters having extravagant extreme ideas of carrying payloads long distance, or some other dream they might have that they somehow think the items needed to achieve these goals is simply a list, and order it up. The fact is there's thousands of possibilities out there, and way more then can be put into on thread here on RCU... and much of it is already written if you search it out.. but what you're asking is usually far beyond any general hobbyist, and there's no "list of components' until you make your own... and learn to fly and trust your own instincts. Flying RC is easily learned by many people. Long range flying, carrying payload, return to base, etc.. is way far beyond general hobbyist. So use Google search(you probably found this site using it), and keep studying, and maybe someday you'll find your dream and reach your goal.
The following users liked this post:
bingo field (01-06-2021)