RCU Forums - View Single Post - New e revo 2.0 motor?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 02:57 PM
IDontWannaGrowUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Z
Trust me, you DON'T want more speed and power. With a couple of 3S packs in this and geared up for pavement, it will do 70 mph, which is ridiculously fast. Off-road, you can't reasonably go that fast; it's better geared down to maybe 40 mph and a couple of 2S LiPos. (and you won't break it as much, either) Even on-road, you can't turn going that fast, so it would be just for speed runs. Speed runs are fun for a week or two, then you'll want to get back to some real driving. With a couple of 3S packs in it as a beginner, you're going to break it all the time and hopefully won't hurt anyone in the process.

Sorry that's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

If you are really interested in speed runs, that's the wrong car. You should get a road car with proper aerodynamics. Leave the E-Revo on 4S and you'll be satisfied with any offroad running. MAYBE 6S if you have a large open field without grass that's too high.

8S is too much for a model this size. People do it, blow a bunch of money, then either go back to 4 or 6 or get a 1/5 scale to run 8S.
EXCELLENT reply, and right on the money! Years ago when I had all the discretionary money imaginable I upgraded everything, and I realized to my own surprise that faster somehow didn't mean better. It became such a raging beast of speed, I would LOOK at the trigger and it would basically disappear into the horizon, lol.