RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Vanning/Landjump Owners....
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 09:53 PM
Speakermakers1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Me Kyosho Landjump in 2021!

I just purchased a Landjump and I am planning an extensive restoration with modern goodies. I am hoping that someone in here has some knowledge of where to get parts and maybe some advise. All of the forum posts and YouTube videos I can find seem to be pretty to extremely old. When I was 15 in 1990 I had a Landjump Integra (1982 I believe). The Landjump I just purchased on Ebay I think is a 1980 model. It has separate springs and shock absorbers whereas my Integra model I had as a kid had coil over shocks. I am noticing that the instruction manual for the earlier Landjump has one way bearings in the front wheels. I don't remember that being the case in my old Landjump. I am wondering if I will be able to track down some Integra front axles and front differential (if needed) from an Integra. I lucked out and found a place that sells new tires for these cars. I would post the link here but the 2005 rules of this forum forbid me to since I am new. I almost fell over when I found these. I am guessing that the 40 year old tires on the car I am getting will be hard as a rock. Or ready to fall off the rims.

I've got a lot of shopping to do to get this restoration done but my main concerns right now are a replacement spur gear, since I stripped the one on my original Integra when I was a kid. A replacement drive chain, and I really want the Cobra style rims with jelly bean holes that some Integra's had since that's what my old car had. Switching rims I am sure will dictate that I also will need Integra axles all around. Lastly I want an Integra roll cage. I see that there is one on Ebay for $350. That's a lot but I might just need to bite it off and get it. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I would also post a nice pic of this beautiful car here but once again the rule of the land on this forum forbids it.