RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is tire glue really just super-glue in a bigger bottle?
Old 02-07-2021, 07:00 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't know what it is, but I get better results, and easier application with a CA glue (with application tips) that is water-ish thin. I like my tire glue to seep in/wicks in there and get things done quickly.

The Loctite Professional stuff I would consider it to be more on the medium side of CA glues. I've used it in a pinch when I had seen others using it around the RC world. From the first drop, I knew it wasn't going to be my go to glue. I currently have a bottle (half used) in fridge for other RC/household choirs that pop up.

BSI (Bob Smith Ind.) Blue bottle glue has been my favorite since '91.
Click image for larger version

Name:	instacure.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	2269285
I didn't even know it was BSI glue I was using back then, because the label had the hobby shop's name on it. I came to find out a lot of hobby shops have their "house brand" CA glue come from Bob Smith Industries.

I will only buy the 1oz. size bottle as that will last me at least a year or more. YMMV of course.

For the past year, I've been using Starbond Super Fast Thin CA glue.

I honestly can't say why I've veered away from my usual CA glue, but, after many sets of off-road tires being glued up, so far so good. I'd buy Starbond glue again, IF I planned on doing a lot of gluing. The 2oz. bottle will be more than I will use in a two year timeframe.