RCU Forums - View Single Post - Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 07:22 AM
vilysakowski

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
1st what software version on the Champion SRS? How old is the unit and does it have PB as a radio option?
If so you can just change the Radio system and plug in the 26D’s the matching etc will stay.
Since you are coming from Futaba use the same channel assignment numbers in the Core. So 1 Aileron, 2 Elevator 3 throttle etc. When you ‘build’ the model memory after first starting a new model select Aerobatic model type and using your Futaba as a pattern for each function move a stick or switch/lever/knob to select what controls that channel and select a servo number between 1 & 26 to match the Futaba channel number.
Watch for things like direction which is reversed to Futaba and also I recommend you take a ball link screw out of 2 of the aileron servos on each wing/ tail before you power up. For sometime the movement from the start is only 50% to stop people swapping radio types over travelling and destroying servos.
You will need to increase these to the Futaba figures ( as a starting point)

Before you ever switch on this existing model I suggest you build the model memory, look at the servo monitor screen and get things working so they match the Futaba Tx closely

You will love the Core flexibility once you understand it...it’s Ssooooo much easier to program than any Futaba since the late 70’s!
I always update my PowerBox stuff to the newest version. So it should have PB as a radio option. Richard has said the same thing on the PowerBox forums. I literally can't wait that's how excited I am for this new radio!