RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to program Taranis with homemade "tank"
Old 02-15-2021, 10:35 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mantafloppy
Hi, i've search around, and i cant seem to find how to do something that i tought would be simple.

I've made a tank, simple, 2 track, with each a drone motor with a ESC each, both plug strait to the receiver.

Both stick on the Taranis X7 are set to self center, and i want each track to be control by one stick.

So i need to set the "0"/neutral to the center of the stick and 100% at the top. (Or you can see it as both stick are throttle, but need to be neutral at the center) .

I'm able to get it to work with a Elevon mix, but thats not ideal.

Seem i will need special ESC to get reverse, so that gonna be for later, but if you know how to set that up at the same time, the knowledge is welcome.

Thx for any help.

P.S. The tank i'm refering to, i'm not the creator : thingiverse thing:4234076
Looks like you are using the wrong motors and ESCs. most drone and aircraft equipment has only one way throttle, so top down is off, middle is 50% gas and up is 100% throttle. You need other equipment which lets you have reverse. There are cheap 2ish eur free shipping ESCs and tiny, that will be powerfull enough for your tank.

About the hardware our colleagues told you you need, well, forget it. Many times I see people here recommending loads of strange hardware when all of that can be done just with the programmable radio you have. If you had crappy radios, then yes, but it is not the case.
You only need to asign some offset to your two sticks, so center will be 0 throttle and top up 100% throttle. No need to connect anything extra.