RCU Forums - View Single Post - Juniaer K45TP Tucano from Brazil?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 07:44 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by didiwatt
Behead,
I am surprised at your comment. Mine was pre-trimmed. I did not have to do anything but run a bead of canopy glue, lay the canopy on and tape it down. I was so impressed, I wrote the factory and complimented them.. Wonder why yours was not the same.
Paul
hi Paul, I had a few issues. One the canopy was trimmed short of course as per their great service, they sent me a replacement (many thanks) Then the frame had fitting issues. That got fixed with some heat and massage! But it is not perfect and it still has uneven gaps in various places. Then there is uneven area for gluing the canopy. In some areas there are slight indentations / uneven area. So if I cut the canopy in straight line, I would have anything between 3.5mm to 2mm glue area which to me looked not so good. The last issue is that the angle of the canopy on the front does not match the angle of the glue area. So basically you have to try to fill that area with glue to get a bound. Otherwise they would not be mating surfaces.

I personally hate to write stuff like this as this is a hobby and we have to have knowledge and know how to overcome build issues. But these guys are awesome so I thought to mention what I thought. To clarify, this is not complaint but is just a suggestion

thanks
Behzad