RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to program Taranis with homemade "tank"
Old 02-19-2021, 02:55 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mantafloppy
@ Imex-Erik, thx for all the info. I already have the ESC, there call Favorite Opto Little Bee 30A, and i have a Usb programmer in the mail.

The one install right now is what was relativle cheap, Amazon prime shipping, with a signal cable, that i could found, so they are like 80 amp :P I didnt want to wait an other 50 day shipping from Banggood.

You seem to know your brushless, cause it need to be kick sometime to start up, but it is gear down a lot, like silly, i think its 51 to 1? I run 5010 360KV on 6S.

i cant post link or picture cause i'm new, but if wanna see :
imgur g0OMCpM
imgur ifA5EcG
The little bees had a TON of issues, mainly motor noise when it came to tuning. I used to run the LBs until the Super Bees came out that fixed a lot of the noise issues they had in the first batch. They did have a tendency to burst into flames so just be careful there. These here: https://pyrodrone.com/collections/in...for-fpv-racing have some REALLY good specs and I personally put 40A+ for 3-5m, 10-20+ times a day for well over 6 months with those equipped and they were flawless. They are also 32bit and BLHeli. You can get flight controllers here: https://pyrodrone.com/collections/fl...rice-ascendingwhich also not only double as a programmer but a controller as well. The boards are all open source and even open hardware. You can run betaflight or iNav on it with iNav focusing on tanks, rovers, planes, etc that are autonomous. If I get some spare time this year sometime I'll sit down and do a full build for everyone so they can see how it works. The tanks can be controlled quite easily with flight controllers or you can even just use them as a passthrough or to use other serial devices like GPS, bluetooth, bi-directional telemetry, or more.
If you can try not to buy anything from Amazon. The cut they take from your local shop (no matter if it is hobbies or not) is pretty bad and hurting a lot of local businesses, not just hobbies. If you can, try to buy from a brick and mortar store first or at least someone that is promoting or supporting the hobby. Pyro, GetFPV, and RDQ are the biggest contributors to the FPV industry and have done a lot fighting for our rights in the air as well as for all hobbies. Any purchase from those three supports the hobby a bit extra plus they also give back to the local race groups and sponsor events and such too. I would be more than happy to assist with what you need here albeit a bit slow as I'm not on here daily.