RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Bashing is Pointless
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 08:36 PM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Your opinion is not much different from most of the AMA members that I talk to. I think that attitude (and the resulting apathy) stems from when the AMA actually DID advocate for the hobby and DID have value for the membership and WAS in the black as far as their budget was concerned. This observation also fits with the demographic that you described in an earlier post, so it is not surprising at all.

I think what Franklin has found through his deep dive into their books and and the, "official dialogue" of the AMA vs. reality in the last decade or so, is that what the membership is being fed, is not necessarily what is happening, hence those here that are discussing and asking the questions. When there is a discussion here that questions the AMA, what we normally see is an immediate attack on the OP, followed by, "If you don't like it, go do it yourself". Franklin has taken it upon himself to send inquiries to and ask for clarification from the AMA, both here (there are AMA leader members, and AMA EC members here on this forum) and directly through the official AMA channels, as well as offering to help assist the AMA, only to be repeatedly denied (a pattern that I have also noticed for many years by the AMA where someone publicly questions their actions or policy).

Interesting stuff for sure!

Astro
So I am curious. If the AMA had no impact bringing about the moderation to the RID NPRM, what is your theory as to how this was achieved?