RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hooben 1/16th scale Cromwell
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 12:41 PM
tankme

Received 205 Likes on 167 Posts

Wow, finally some interior pics. Looks very similar to my Hooben ZTZ-99A components as far as the plastic suspension arms, plastic non-rubber wheels, and nylon tracks. I see a brass bushing sticking out of one of the wheels so it's also probably the same in that respect to the ZTZ also. The bushings were a common size that can be replaced with bearings. If there was one thing I wish they would improve on at this point it would be to provide metal suspension arms since there is so much flex on the plastic ones. They still have this listed as a pre-order for $418 (up from $398 previously), but it doesn't look any better than the ZTZ-99A that I got for $208 shipped except for the metal hull. Looks like the also extended the deadline until tomorrow from Feb 28th probably due to lack of interest. I think the metal hull is actually more of a hindrance than a benefit. It just goes to show that Hooben has no clue what its customers want. The plastic hull can be beefed up, but the main components like the sprockets, idlers, and suspension can't be. The aftermarket doesn't seem to like Hooben either from what I see (or don't see) for sale. I see very few aftermarket parts for them. At least with the ZTZ there are HL parts that will fit to replace the Hooben parts.

On a side note, they no longer have the Abrams listed on their site. If they ever sold them, they sold very few.