View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 03:26 AM
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 185
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What I have seen done for this type of hatch is to take what the airplane guys call wing saddle tape. It is a dense foam tape of various thicknesses and widths. They put it on the inside of the hatch along the outer edge so when the hatch is closed the tape contacts the edge of the lip on the boat. Guys have told me they have never had any water get in when using this method. The tape comes as thin as 1/8 inch and is not porous. Hence water will not soak through it.