RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Bashing is Pointless
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 05:59 AM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24
They don't have to look far. Despite the numerous model aircraft references in RaceDayQuads' press release propaganda,
their lawsuit is solely about drones and FPV, per this from Johnathan Rupprecht, one of the attorneys:

"On top of that [FAA secret meetings], the final rule largely ignored a particular group of unmanned aircraft flyers –
the first person viewing drone flyers. All of this forced the hand of the FPV community to strike back in defense of their
constitutional rights and freedoms."

That "particular group of unmanned aircraft flyers" was largely ignored because 90% of what they do is illegal. RaceDayQuauds'
legal position is that wearing FPV goggles is LOS if a person can remove the goggles and "see" their drone (without a spotter),
presumably even if it's a spect in the sky a mile away. That would go over well before a judge.

I'm guessing AMA will be jumping in with both feet.
Has there been any specifics about exactly what their claim is yet? Have they actually filed the lawsuit or just the motion for review? I haven't read through everything posted by RDQ on this topic, but what I have read is long on rhetoric and short on details.

To be clear, I hope that they do have some sort of case here that will help keep any overly aggressive regulation in check, but as of yet, I haven't seen any details that would give me confidence that they have a legitimate case.