RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Bashing is Pointless
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 06:57 AM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I'm too busy to go back through the entire thread but thank you to whomever pointed out that BLOS video on the AMA flight school site, I reviewed it and confirmed that its content isn't inline with our position on flying BLOS and asked that it be removed ASAP.

I'm not going to tell individual contributors what they can and can't post on their personal accounts, but if you know of any more AMA branded content that portrays content that is contrary to our values please let me know and I will review it.

FWIW that video was uploaded in 2014 when the landscape wasn't quite as clear as it's spelled out now.
The two videos I pointed out were the ReadmadeRC video in the AMA Flight School links and the 2014 one you are refering to. That
2014 video is the only link on the FPV Beginners Getting Started page and was obviously updated since then as noted in the caption.
There are other FPV links on AMA Flight School. I didn't look through them all but suffice to say all of this equipment is BVLOS by design.

Note: Long-range FPV was just as illegal in 2014. AMA sued the FAA over it then dropped it, as you recall.

Last edited by ECHO24; 03-22-2021 at 07:05 AM.