RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 03-24-2021, 06:07 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

So this is were things get interesting, myself and buddy have chatted about the size of the header tank. Bigger you use the more front weight your going to have on landing since the current fuel configuration will empty the 2 60oz tanks which is either just on the CG or slightly aft, all your remaining fuel will be forward of the CG. Given that the jet is a big delta wing with lifting body it might not matter as much, but our preference is to keep as much weight out of the front which is why we are keeping the header tank at no more than 32oz. By doing that the 220 was moved aft as far as possible from the recommended location, I will have my 190 positioned in the same location just to compare.

The below picture shows you for reference the location of the 220, by doing this the nose is 0.5lbs heavy using the Xicoy CG meter which is better than expected and for now were quite happy with the result since we don't have to add additional counter weight, also is not shown in order to achieve this CG the ECU battery and JP brake controller battery are positioned on either side of that wooden rail just in front of the turbine. I'll provide you will better feedback once the 1st few flights have taken place to get a better idea on CG placement.

Last edited by F900; 03-24-2021 at 06:14 PM.