RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 03-26-2021, 03:01 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Saw that RC MAN mentioned about the concern around the former and fuse, we inspected it this morning, discussed it and determined it was fine, is it 110% perfect? no, but is enough not to be concerned about it? yes. Its all going to depend how your flying the XL, I'm more like Ali the way he fly his, I won't be trying to hit 200mph, hard banks, flips and spins lol, so for MY type of preference of flying and the fact the main landing gear is in the fuse and not in the wing it really depending on how much stress and high wing loading your going to put on it. It's stiffer than it looks in the picture and remember both sides have 2 reinforcement carbon points on each side, the wing itself is not too heavy. So for all the reasons above not going to do anything, for me I will keep an eye on it and inspect it during every flight, it's easy to inspect with the top engine hatch removed. Picture looking down at turbine shows how much the pipe was moved aft from its original point, same with turbine. Maiden flight is scheduled for tomorrow morning for the # 1 XL so I'll be able to upload a video sometime tomorrow afternoon.