RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm very disappointed with ROBART / DV8R brakes
Old 04-08-2021, 12:37 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by obiwan12
medjets So you are upset with a family owned business that is filling an essential need to our hobby because you neglected to ensure the items you ordered would work as expected after 3 years? I agree with you that you should be upset that you received the wrong wheel hub for the brake. I also agree with Robart that it is beyond their responsibility to exchange the part for a correct wheel hub because you waited so long to notify them. I'm sure the issue would have been resolved appropriately if the incorrect part was discovered immediately upon your receipt of the part.

I have a few jet projects that are 5+ years in the making. Some companies for the parts I've secured no longer exist, some have ceased providing excellent customer service in English. If something were wrong with them, I would have to accept the fact that it was my personal responsibility for not ensuring they worked as intended when I originally received them. If everyone demanded free replacement or exchange parts after x number of years from the original purchase, how would we expect these businesses to remain in business?

Regardless, you now have an exquisitely machined new wheel hub. That is currently more skill, technique and patience to mill/fabricate metal than I have time for. We are fortunate there are still skilled individuals like you have found to help us realize our projects to completion. I look forward to seeing your flight review of the DV8R.

All the best.
CAVU
How much can it cost Robart to correct their mistake and send out the correct wheels? Seems to me the goodwill generated towards Robart would be worth way more than the cost of sending out a new set of
wheels and also the fact that the order is three years old should not even come into play in a case like this.
The following users liked this post:
medjets (04-08-2021)