RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 04-09-2021, 05:08 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

HI F900,
Post #1 says "Anything F-16XL welcome here!" Bring it on! Do you have pictures of the CF mods to the wing joints and wing sections? Please post if you have them.

I am back home today. "RC dues" paid up for a little while and everybody had fun. Looking forward to getting some shop time tomorrow and starting my wing joint mods. I think the existing wing joint assembly is probably good enough but I'm not sure so I'm adding some insurance.

I plan to laminate the inside fuse skin around the wing tube sleeves in CF to strengthen the fuse skin and former joint. Then I plan to add a sub former above and below the wing tube sleeve to directly transfer loads from the wing tube sleeve to the airframe structure similar to what Paul suggested in post #49. I am considering tying both the front and rear wing formers together with either a wood rib between them or CF laminate on the inside of the skin to distribute the wing tube load path between each former and the fuse skin. TBD till I can get another look at the inside of the fuse.

I made contact with Mike and Ralph at GJC this week. I'm very impressed with the their willingness to help solve issues an receive recommendations for improvements. Mike told me that Global Knight is also wanting to make improvements to the F-16XL. I really like this jet and want it to be successful and hopefully some ideas from this thread can be rolled into follow on kits. Ralph told me the replacement fuse decals have been ordered so I will proceed with the grey repaint this week mentioned in post #3.