RCU Forums - View Single Post - adding flaps to an arf
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:59 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also got the tail wheel relocated at the same spot as my other Marie, I was going to do some work on the nose and cowl but I think I will just paint it up to match my scheme and roll with it for now.

the cowl needs some sanding as well as repair in some areas and I can do that from the inside with epoxy, also some more little details like fuel proofing the tank area, I glued in a couple of hard points for mounting the canopy and hardened the screw holes with thin CA , just some basic H-9 stuff that needs work on these ARF's.

I also included a pic of my favorite filler just because it works so good, I do water it down a touch to make it easier to use, this stuff is the bomb for filling and blending balsa and is really strong and light weight, and way less expensive than some of the other hobby fillers, this can had actually stiffened up and I just added a little water to it and really stirred it up good and it was good to go.

I figure by this weekend or the next I will be on to the covering which I finally spent some money on some real covering tools we shall see how well I can pull off the covering job I have managed to pull off covering with a old discarded iron now I have no excuse.
then on to the flap mod, I also purchased some electric gear and struts so the wing get its own little makeover as well.