RCU Forums - View Single Post - 5 Short Words
Thread: 5 Short Words
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 11:10 AM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Retiredat38
Would you be as reluctant if the problem were within your local RC club? Or Lodge? Or Church?
Thing is I suspect most people look at something like this and the real thought is "If no one else is going to, why should I?" You get down to it and people are pretty lazy ...
Flying RC airplanes is not my religion. It's not my family. It's not my profession. It's not saving lives. It's not curing cancer. It's not freeing an enslaved population from tyranny. In short it is not the reason I get out of bed in the morning. Flying RC airplanes IS a hobby that I do for fun. It IS something I do to get away from politics and bureaucracy and all of the nonsense I deal with on a daily basis at work. When it stops being fun, I will walk away from the hobby with no regrets.

My choice not to engage in a battle to reform the AMA is not apathy or laziness, it IS a pragmatic choice about how I prioritize my time and energy. In other words, I just don't care enough about this issue to take up this particular fight. That is a deliberate choice, not a failing. Clearly there are some here who have a different priority and have made a different choice, and I applaud and (within reason) support their efforts.