RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kavan starter repair question
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 02:03 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by quietflyer
Mike, thanks for the link. I did consider the idea of joining bellair but not sure if it is a hassle crossing the border with rc planes and the FAA registration.
Jesse, that is an excellent battery mount. Nice piece of machining! Is it commercially available? I am using the plastic Kavan holder for the Lipo but I disassemble it to charge the battery
Things have changed and are still developing between the US and Canada as to what will be required for Canadians to fly their models in the US. I contacted the AMA directly and this was their answer.

When operating your aircraft in the United States, you must follow all the rules for recreational fliers laid out in USC 44809. I included a summary below. Please note that this includes visiting the FAA's DroneZone portal and completing the process to fly under "The Exception for Recreational Flyers" while flying your aircraft in the United States. The FAA will consider the certificate issued to be a recognition of ownership rather than a certificate of U.S. aircraft registration.

Rules for Recreational Fliers:
  1. Fly only for recreational purposes.
  2. Follow the safety guidelines of an FAA-recognized Community Based Organization (CBO).
  3. Fly aircraft only within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft or a visual observer co-located and in direct communication with the operator.
  4. Give way to and do not interfere with any manned aircraft.
  5. Obtain prior authorization before operating and comply with all airspace restrictions when in controlled airspace (Class B, Class C, Class D, or Class E).
  6. Fly at or below 400’ in uncontrolled (Class G) airspace unless authorized by the FAA to fly higher.
  7. Take The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) and carry proof of test passage once it is available.
  8. Note: TRUST is currently expected to be released by the end of 2021.
  9. Have a current FAA registration, mark your aircraft with the registration number, and carry proof of registration with you.

Please let me know if I can further assist.

Best regards,

[img]file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\Eudora\Embedded\image002.png[/img]

Chrystal Pearson

Government Affairs Representative

Academy of Model Aeronautics

(765) 287-1256 ext. 236

modelaircraft.org