RCU Forums - View Single Post - Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 04:08 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
I cant give you exact distances on the Weatronic. That said, Ultimate jets reported tested ground range of 3000m which would be considerably greater as height of rx increased.

My testing was to fly my 2m Hotliner, with strobes, at a far greater distance and height than I would ever fly a jet. Recorded values of RSSI and LQI showed solid reception at extreme range. The Core system, which uses basically the same RF system is said by PB. to be even better to the point that patch antennae are not required, Knowing the competence and integrity of PB I have no reason to doubt them and I now fly my jets with Core with complete confidence.

With the addition of aileron differential, the Core, a brilliant system for which there is now huge demand, will be even better. As my superb (based on considerable experience,) Weatronics systems age, Core equipment will gradually replace it.

My last hope for the Core system is to integrate two receivers and gyro into a single PowerBox as was done in the Weatronic Gizmo receivers.
Thank you for your explanation. With just the Core and it's telemetry, what is the greatest distance that you have flown your jets from the transmitter? I regularly fly 2500'-3000' away from the transmitter with several different brands. Right now, I'm not happy with my current brand, which doesn't matter who it is right now. Just shopping. Thx!