RCU Forums - View Single Post - Questions about three channel versus 4 channel and dihedral versus non-dihedral
Old 05-07-2021, 11:57 AM
obrien135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions about three channel versus 4 channel and dihedral versus non-dihedral

Hi I have been wondering for a long time why there are no dihedral wings with significant dihedral whatever that means I'm not sure what I mean by that but what seems to be by comparison significant dihedral and also ailerons along with that. I know that the angel tends to work against the other ones but they used to make planes like the train star that had significant they call it and Anna runs now I noticed there are plans like the ranger which is supplied by horizon hobbies and made by a company I think it's called emm or something like that and there's one that I saw Nate on RC sailors demonstrating that I don't know where it was from but it was a system and it had anarons and flaps and no safe technology and only slight dihedral but I guess a big part of the question that I left out so far is that I want to see some made without safe technology that have ailerons that have significantihedral and I don't see any like that. Even the ranger has very little dihedral. I see that he's your significant and certain three channel planes like the many arrows are which is actually polyhedral and the WL toys Cessna f949 but that's only three channels and I can't seem to see any with the combination of all three no save technology dihedral and Aaron's. And they're mistaken about that if so where are these airplanes for a long time I thought there was nothing without safe technology that didn't have Street just three channels I'm glad to know that there are plans like the ranger and their sister that Nate was showing but it still leaves me wondering whether I should buy I just like I've said many times before just give up on the hobby because I can't even fly a sport cub s reliably in the advanced mode, I don't want to spend $150 on an airplane that I can't fly and end up destroying it I can't afford that but three channels is a compromise does anybody get the drift of what I'm trying to get at? Can anybody enlighten me? You see I can't help but feel that there's an opinion going around that flying with the safe mode it's not really flying or cheating or something and I kind of agree with that in a way but to find a plane that I can fly without it is very difficult

Last edited by obrien135; 05-07-2021 at 12:00 PM.