RCU Forums - View Single Post - Enclosed Toy Hauler RV Trailers pro's and cons?
Old 05-17-2021, 04:39 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I just switched from a 27' RV to a 38' TH. Now I can't get into most fuel stations. Forced to stick with truck stops, which make the fuel much more expensive. When you get a TH, some of them incorporate part of the ramp into the garage floor. A table will not sit level if you have one set of legs in that ramp. Still not sure if the side patio with the outdoor TV is worth it. Many lots are to narrow to set it up. My 12.5 foot garage has plenty of space for my 6 jet rack. But all the other stuff sits on the floor. Once I get there to use the garage for living area, all that stuff has to go out, including the rack and jets. Then it is not secure. I put all the loose items in tubs. The cupboards in my TH are all mounted high for head room. That is good in the garage. But in the living area too? Also, look at where you would store the dishes and pots and pans. I have enough space but its not right close to where I would like them to be stored. For a 38' TH it is just not as nice to live in as my old 27' RV.. But, I can now haul the jet fleet vs. having to pick two. You give up a bit of living space for the TH. A TH may not fit your wife's ideas.
The following users liked this post:
mikes68charger (05-17-2021)