RCU Forums - View Single Post - What 1:1 car do you drive.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 03:19 AM
Will01Capri

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Probably too many cars to list, but one of my favourite cars was my daily runner
Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon with 2.4jtd 10v engine, yes i know it sounds boring, however it was pretty well worked over and looked bone stock and like a bashed up dented/scratched geography teachers car! (no offense to geography teachers btw!)
Click image for larger version

Name:	0lECeOV.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	2270405
First thing i did was fit the 16" Alfa teledials as they look good and gave them a refurb, then retro fit a Dark Blue leather interior, then the real changes started to happen
Removed the 5 speed box and fitted a 6speed box out of a 1.9 with lower final drive ratios(this meant cutting the inner wing to fit it in the engine bay haha)
Then uprated the brakes to have carbon ceramic pads and run on grooved discs and fitted braided brake lines
Then fitted zeatek coilovers and uprated the springs with Eibach units
Then fitted Alfa 156 GTA anti roll bars that i had removed from my other car
Replaced all suspension bushes with polyurethane items
We then remapped the ecu where it would make 208hp & 450Nm torque, then removed the dual mass flywheel and fitted single mass flywheel and fitted a stage 2.5 paddle clutch
To help the sound i straight piped the car and removed all the silencers
The car has great space for models inside and scares quite a few people and surprises them aswell as this thing can really move, it also handles great in the corners. It can outrun a 210hp Mini Cooper S(my wife & I might have given that a try a few times as we modified our Mini a little bit) i have also had several phone calls from friends asking why my wife was able to outrun them against their own cars hahahahahaaha

it may not be to everyones cup of tea, but its fun and cheap

If i'm not playing with this car i might be seen working on several others like Small Block Ford v8 Capri or some old Jaguars of the 1960's or some other things. Its all good fun
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0lECeOV.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	2270404