RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA's Demographic Problem
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 09:18 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by PopeyeCharlotte
So, the take-away from this that the AMA is a very well run organization. They are timing their fiscal decline perfectly with their membership decline.

I joke of course. We all know hobby membership is declining; witness the reduction of hobby shops, model manufacturers, magazines, and membership at local flying fields.

And I respect to those that are no longer with us. I recall the fellow who ran the first hobby shop I visited. He would spend hours showing a curious kid (me) many neat toys and gadgets, but only sold me what I needed. And I recall the fellow who first took me flying. I'll never forget his engine collection in the basement, for example. I assume both were on the AMA list many years ago...
Your right of course that is called contributing be it at the AMA management level or at the grass route level something these guys complain constantly about yet never seem to raise a hand to help. There is only a handful of them hardly a whisper in the wind so to speak. Or as we say up here Like a Fart In A Wind Storm LOL!!!!!