RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2 German Retailers……deaf?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 09:54 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by lposter
Im guessing some of the german hobbyists have serious buying power judging by the prices I see on some of the german only language sites.

Some of the 1:10 offerings and even 1:16.items have ridiculous prices and yet there is obviously a market for their stuff - presumably in Germany.

So I agree with the two posts above. I think the german language sites are well able to remain profitable by catering solely to a German speaking customer base (which includes Swiss, Belgian, Dutch and others probably).

p
As a first generation German/American it pains me to say it, but my fellow Germans are absolutely bonkers when it comes to the prices they are willing to pay for stuff. To say some of those prices are ridiculous is an understatement of truly epic proportion!! And in the end I think that's bad for the hobby as a whole. The more economical we can keep things the more people will be able to enjoy them. I've always said there's a difference between making a fair profit and just gouging folks. I know that price has kept me from ordering a lot of cool stuff from Germany.

Disclaimer: If anyone takes offense to my remarks, keep in mind that I am German by blood, so I'll talk bad if I want to. Kinda like how it's OK for a black guy to use the N word, it's OK for me to talk smack about Germans. Sie sind mein Volk.
The following users liked this post:
sevoblast (06-15-2021)