RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2 German Retailers……deaf?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 10:08 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I know bonkers prices, I've paid those most of my time in the hobby. You guys already hit one of the reasons: 1/10 scale. It's always been
sold at a premium; kits, models, pieces parts down to screws. If it says 1:10 scale and it's armor related chances are I've bought it and paid a higher than I should have price. It's likely why I don't live in a McMansion like many of my friends.... Yes I'm on a first name basis with Bonkers....

I have struggled with German for years as well- now easier as my rudimentary German skills are propped up by Google and smart phone translator tools.
I was supposed to master German when I was a chemistry major; the best research and papers in my chosen field Organic synthetic chem
was in Germany so the language was required as part of the major's curriculum. When I've been wandering around Germany years past I was told my German isn't that bad (I'm certain they were just polite) but it only really comes out when I'm in the middle of that society for a while, when I'm forced to think in German..Otherwise I'm just helpless...

While I always try to write to a German company or fellow modeler in their language I find many do speak English or more precisely 'American'; replete
with slang and euphemisms like a native...after which I'll never make them suffer my German scratching again... !

Jerry