RCU Forums - View Single Post - tuning and fuel mix for Red Cat shock wave
Old 06-17-2021, 10:45 AM
Peter Hollinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning and fuel mix for Red Cat shock wave

I have a nitro Red Cat shock wave with a VX-16 motor.

I'm having trouble starting this RC car. Most of the time I do not get it started, But when I do get it started it will shut off in a couple seconds after starting or it'll stay running as long as I keep the glow igniter on the glow plug even if I wait a minute or two when I take the glow plug Ignitor off it will still shut off. I do adjust some of the needles when trying to start it but it doesn't help

I do have a new glow plug. And a new glow igniter, My fuel is 10 months old but I've only opened it a few times and I've kept it in a cooler area

I am using a hot glow plug, with VP R/C motor sport fuel, the mixture is 9% oil, I have (tuned it to) adjusted the carburetor screws to, HIGH-speed needle to 3 and one half turns out. The low speed needle to 3 and one-quarter turns out, And I adjust the idle screw so there is about a millimeter of Gap visible after you remove the air filter and look in the carburetor when you aren't touching the throttle

What would you guys recommend that I do to help me start my RC car,

If I missed any important details tell me and I will try to help you understand my problem

Last edited by Peter Hollinger; 06-17-2021 at 10:51 AM.