RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-One Models 2.7m F-22 build
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 08:30 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

To wrap this one up for anyone considering one I would say its overall a good jet for anyone looking for an F-22. Im 280ish on the CG and seemed okay but lands flat and is sensitive on pitch when landing, I took half the the thrust vector out on elevator usage and it seemed to be better. Before the next flight I will remove it completely with the gear down and just activate the thrust vectoring when the gear is up.
Its great in the air but makes it touchy when landing, I added it to help it rotate but the jet rotated without much back pressure on mine so I dont think its needed for that. I am also not using any toe in on the rudders, due to lack of channels I wasn't able to do this anyway and it isn't really needed to help it rotate or slow down.
I am flying mine on two Xicoy 120s and its a perfect combo for twin setups and I only used the main tank for a 5 minute flight with a nice good cruising speed seen in the video with 55-65% throttle range.
With the fuel burn I was getting you could easily fly 10 mins with reserve time, I'm going to added less fuel from now on. I landed with the main tank empty and the saddles just developing an air bubble with the 5+ min flight i did the second time.
See everyone at Ky Jets!

The following users liked this post:
Sparhawk (06-21-2021)