RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long Full Metal 1/16 Leopard 2A6
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 04:23 AM
Shagnifico

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the dklm one. It's probably my best machine, and unlike my tamiya I don't worry about parts breaking off whenever there is a strong breeze. It's not exactly like the HL plastic leopard. It has ball bearings in the turret and torsion bar suspension. Switch and charger port concealed on the back. It's got 550 motors and servo elevation and recoil so if you put a HL board in it use the 6.1S. Maybe even with a fuse. I recommend replacing the metal turret traverse unit with a plastic HL high speed traverse unit with clutch. They did a good job of adhering the rubber pads to the tracks. I installed front blinker LEDs, tamiya photo etched mesh for the turret baskets and replaced the cooling fan mesh with tamiya photo etched grills. A GI Model smoke unit for exhaust and a HL gun barrel smoke unit. I put a clark tk80 in it but this tank with a 6.1S and a cs-tk-swb stabilization unit would be pretty dope. It comes with a bunch of LEDs for the hull, also it comes with upgraded headlights and a coax laser in addition to the coax mg led. All the turret LEDs come pre-installed. It's cast aluminum so the fine detail isn't great, and there is some ugly panel gap that you'll have to fill on the front where the upper and lower hull meet. With a battery it weighs 20 lbs. For me this tank is absolutely worth $1000ish. Yes the level of fine detail suffers but it's worth it to have a super durable, powerful mud slinging tank.