RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 02:45 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Aframomum;12685013]Hello Mr. JPEE,

Hello Mark, Wednesday July 7

You are more than welcome to come over and have burgers and brats any time my friend!
I wished it could be!

I do believe the Florida building collapse will put any older high rises under a microscope, esp those that are located along beaches and have been exposed to storms and shifting landmasses. A terrible tragedy to imagine.
Yes water and especially salt water is like acid to the concrete and the metal super structure.

Sounds like you got some nice footage of the fireworks with your Mavic. You would definitely be able to hear a chopper coming and drop down in no time. Some of the areas that I used to fly at had low flying single engine aircraft flying around and I would have to drop to the deck until they passed. I would occasionally fly near the hospital and they have a helipad, so I was constantly looking around to make sure the helicopter wasn't flying by.
Thats funny how at sometime we all stick our necks for some stick time, even of it’s not under the best conditions.

I've been watching reports coming out of your area and have seen the temps you are dealing with. Drought seems to be an understatement. I do hope you get some rain soon to help replenish those low lake levels.
96° as we speak at 3:15 p.m. for the last two night at 11 p.m. it is still 75° or greater and that forces us to run the ac all night. For us the magic number to sleep in is 77 under ac. If it is 71° when I turn in, I will shut off the ac knowing it will go down into the 60s and that great for us.

Yes, rear wheel bearings. I have been watching some youtube videos and it does seem to be a pretty straight forward job. Biggest pain seems to be hammering that bearing out and then hammering the new bearing in. Only 1 bolt to hold it all together, and that one is in the differential. They do suggest loctite on it.
Back in the old days I did it when we were in out teens and our last 20s. That 90 weight gear lube STINKS and is not pleasing on the skin or your clothes or on the garage floor into the concrete, beware!

I'll have to remember the barbell in the bookbag idea to add weight for getting to that 256ft/lbs of torque. I can't imagine you at those weights you mentioned - most of your pics have you looking at 195 or less. Have to say congrats for dropping and keeping the weight off!
I could cast a shadow and was strong as an ox. You must remember, I was riding HOG’s (harleys) in those days customizing them. I still have my chaps, jacket, and club colors are hanging out in the garage. I had hair almost down past the middle of my back. We would ride to the Grand Canyon as an example and when people see 60+ Harleys coming, they give you some respect. We rode to Vegas, Laughlin, Hover Dam, New Mexico, mid Oregon and we trailered for time constraints and did worlds largest gathering in Sturgis South Dakota four times. Mt. Rushmore. My buddy and I were blessed to have been invited to go on a private ride with the Black Hills chapter which are the epitome of all bikers. We did that trip 4 years in a row.

Another congrats on your 36 year anniversary coming up!! I'm sure you guys reminisce on all the great memories and look forward to what lies ahead.
We look at each other and say……….. who are those two old gray-haired people lol.

We spent most of this morning moving stuff into the garage - plants, benches, any loose items that could be blown away. We'll be watching what happens over the next 24 hours.
Be safe, I recall you doing that last time too.

The past week I got some more work done on the layout. I also made a track cleaning car for my son - actually had him do most of the cutting, sanding, and gluing. So, he made a track cleaning car with some of dads help.
now that brings a smile to my face, the second sentence where you said you had your son do most of the cutting and sanding. That gives him much more involvement and pride when it’s done which I’m sure you know that. You’ve got to pass on your legacy of skill whether it’s how to treat a woman, how to work with your hands, manage money that’s our obligation of parenthood is to pass that on, well done.