RCU Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is going on with rc planes in 2021?
Old 07-12-2021, 05:56 PM
Homers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SamuraiSoldier
I use to fly all the time but haven't flown or owned a RC plane since about 2011 and recently got the itch back. I started searching online for RTF planes and was extremely saddened by the small number of choices available. What the hell happened guys? We used to have hundreds of choices of RTF planes and now I can only find like 10 on the entire internet. I have been out of the loop for 10 years am I missing something? I was highly fond of the Hobby Zone Super Cub LP and they seem to have been discontinued. Where do I start?

I want a HobbyZone Spercub Bad !!!
Was just talking about this with a gentleman at the club the other day. Kids are no longer really interested in the hobby. Its too easy for them to pick up a tablet or phone, instant gratification instead of learning how to do something. I was in and out for the past 15 years or so just due to life and different interests but always enjoyed going to the field buzzing a foamie around. Now that my daughter is old enough she has gotten an interest in all of it so were building a busa 1/4 cub for her to learn to fly on instead of the broken down trainer i been toting around for 20 years lol. Had some folks attend a fun fly recently and the kids seemed to have absolutely no interest in the planes at all. Its really quite sad the decline of this awesome hobby. I blame it all on instant gratification 🤷 its too hard to have to actually learn to do something now a days, people rather spend their money on the latest and greatest iphone or whatever.