RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trying to Choose a Composite F-16
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 08:42 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by su27flanker
Thats an absolutely beautiful F-16 and pretty much ready to go!
sadly the BVM stuff is so over priced if your outside of the USA by time you add shipping and import taxes etc and still runs air retracts, they should have an electron option at that price point.

I love this scheme and the jet just looks right from all angles
Overpriced? I see it as value for my time and money.
As someone who had a 1/6.75 skymaster F-16 before, I can tell you I wish I would have just bought the BVM pnp from the get go.
After shipping my 1/6.75 F-16 was just about $4100. I purchased every item new for the build so I was about $5400 in to the airframe after everything
( including lights and AB ring) You can get a PNP at show price for mid to high $6,xxx And the stuff works fantastic out of the box, you can be flying in less than 15 hours. Everything I bought separately is already included, It’s bigger, lighter ( my 1/6.75 weighed the same as a bvm 1/6, both with 140 engines.)
Support if needed is only a phone call away.
You don’t have to second guess the throws or CG, contemplate and research if the manufacturer got it right, you know it will absolutely work.
SM did offer good support but I had to have 2 air cylinders replaced and it took over a month to get them.
Yes it is just over $1,000 difference but how much is your time and effort worth to you?
I get it, I used to feel the same way about BV and thought it was overpriced too. Once you put pencil to paper and factor in other considerations you will see the slight premium is quite worthy.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dieselman1220:
cetigershark (07-12-2021), yeahbaby (07-15-2021)