RCU Forums - View Single Post - 200XBL Starter Voltage
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 02:52 AM
rc4flying
My Feedback: (21)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
The issue could be that the clutch has moved back and it will not engage properly…. Have you tired to start it through a cool down process…

1. Trim all the way up
2. Throttle all the way up (full throttle) leave it there for a few seconds till Rpm reaches about 2700-3000 or possibly more …
3. Then bring throttle down and let ignition occur and normal startup

if you can get it started that way.. then I can suggest some remedies…

David
Hello David,
Thanks for the info and suggestions. All good. I have tried and checked all. It seems that when I do a startup, cool down check or just do a "starter test", the motor just seems like it is studdering. It never goes into a normal 3000 rpm initial spinning of the motor. After several attempts, the startup process will go completely normal and start the turbine, run and go through the cool down cycle all normally. With each startup, it is a guessing game as to whether it will be a normal start or a troublesome start. With the problem starts, I shut down the startup process quickly to avoid any "Hot Starts". I can tell that quickly that it has a problem to start.

When doing my troubleshooting, the first motor could be stopped by holding the clutch. So, I replaced the motor and all have been good for a time. Now this current motor when acting up, can be stopped holding the clutch. But when the motor spins up in a normal way, I can burn my fingers trying to stop the motor trying to hold the clutch. It's like a hit or miss startup.

I have a new motor on it's way, and will see what happens. Maybe the motor can become a problem after awhile.

Thanks, Joe