RCU Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is going on with rc planes in 2021?
Old 07-13-2021, 03:53 AM
rgburrill

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by on_your_six View Post
I did not slander anyone. My observations only. What area of the hobby is growing. Multi-rotors because you don't have to drive 20 miles to field and put up with NO NO NO when it falls within the AMA guidelines. ESPECIALLY FPV. I know you don't want to hear it, but the hobby is killing the hobby.
More appropriately, the hobby "management" is killing the hobby. Right after people started flying beyond line of sight and doing ridiculous stuff like flying around tall buildings in downtown USA the AMA sat quietly not saying a word. The AMA used to have a lot of pull in this industry, as well as Congress, and could have put a damper on the surge of this nonsense but didn't. Now the AMA is at the mercy of an angry Congress whose voters are furious with noise and harassment in city parks and spying on young girls sunbathing in their backyards. And the industry doesn't give a d__n about the AMA because they are only interested in profits.