RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 07-16-2021, 12:16 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Hi Thomas,
Thanks.
I have not done it but I know someone who did. They 3d printed a small disc about 1/2" diameter that looked like a small "top hat". The OD of the rim was about 1/2" and the OD of the top part was about 3/8", with about a 1/16" rim. The depth inside the hat was about 1/8" above the base of the rim. A hole was drilled in the center and a barbed fitting was glued in the top of the hat fitting. The appropriate spot for a static source, "inside the red circle", was located on the outside of the jet and a small hole like a #60 bit was drilled through. The rim of the hat fitting was glued on the inside of the fuse over the hole kind of like a suction cup over a hole. Then the barbed fitting was connected to the static input of the sensor. The small chamber inside the top hat fitting allowed static pressure from the outside of the jet to be ported to the sensor inside and give actual outside static pressure not affected by the turbine inside the fuse. The pitot tube only had one tube to the sensor for dynamic pressure.
Hope this can help,
Gary

that is exactly what i had in mind! Im glad to hear it worked, i am definitely going to have to play around with this.. i have some idea’s. Lol