RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 07-16-2021, 01:26 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Pitot tube hooked up and tested

Not much shop time the last couple of days but got the pitot tube screwed to side of fuse today

The pressure tubes were routed under the front of the tray and up the right side

Tubes were cut and connected to the Jeti Mspeed sensor. Red is dynamic and white static.

The sensor was tucked out of sight under the right side of the tray where its been sitting since installed.

Its always nice when something works the first time! I used the shop air gun to blow some air at the pitot tube and it works great. Here display is reading 68 mph. I'm using my friend Dave's "Speed Announcer" lua program for Jeti. It has several options for call outs including variable call out intervals, airspeed alive, stall, Vref, overspeed, and a stick shaker function. Most importantly it will just call the speed number without all the extra adjectives the Jeti software adds to the call out. It will take data from any telemetry speed source and I have used it with Jeti Mspeed and DIgitech SB-IAS Speed Sensor. I activate the Speed Announcer program with the P10 lever on the back of the transmitter. If you don't want to here it you just turn it off. It's been fun to listen to and play with.

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 07-16-2021 at 01:39 PM.