RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA says 400 class G is NOT waiverable
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 06:07 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I didn't intend for my post to be an "AMA bashing". In fact, your last post's first paragraph's last few sentences kind of backed up what I was saying. I've also grown tired of the threads all turning into "AMA bash sessions" and all of the "anti-AMA" defensive posts that go along with them. Just wanted to throw out a friendly reminder that the AMA is financially weak and that they need to do something to shore up their financial deficiencies or they will be gone and all of the discussions, like this one, will have been a waste of time and that is something I would prefer to not see happen
Apropos of nothing, I'm pretty sure no other activity on earth has been taken over with more bureaucratic nonsense,
haggling, endless debate, etc., relative to the actual risk than flying model airplanes.

For myself, I've blown it all off. No FAA, no tests, no AMA, no nothing but flying where possible. I don't fly drones so sue me.

I just bought from an estate sale 5 wings from 36" to 72" and 6 other sailplanes from 48" span to 5 meter. I plan to fly them all
whenever and wherever I can.

Last edited by ECHO24; 07-18-2021 at 06:32 PM.