RCU Forums - View Single Post - Strange Tank Shut Off Problem
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 05:28 AM
Squad144

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Strange Tank Shut Off Problem

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I bought a Tiger 1 kit from Taigen about a year and a half ago. I am pretty mechanically inclined and somewhat electrically due to my airsoft teching background and I was able to build the model no problem. It worked for a little over a year and then the problem struck. The problem is that the tank will just randomly shut off its power 30s into a run. The even weirder part is that if I just tap the on switch, the tank turns power back on. I originally just thought that the MFU has a low voltage cutoff and that my battery (7.2 3600 mAh NiMh) just needed more charge. But the battery was still full of juice. So I swapped the batteries in the remote. Still nothing. I decided that their must be something that is drawing too much current. I took the upper hull off to lighten the load and rule out any possible soldering mistakes that could have occurred in the turret. Still though, I can conclude that the problem still occurs with the upper hull pulled off. With the upper hull still off, I pulled the connections to the sound card, speaker, and control knob. It still occurred though. The batteries are fresh in both the tank and TX. I really have no clue. Have any of you more experienced modelers encountered a problem like this?