RCU Forums - View Single Post - kyosho usa1 nitro crusher
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 05:35 AM
Rod72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Boss
Hi, the Kyosho USA nitro crusher is a tough kit, it is based off of the 8scale Burns DX race buggy. It was one of the first nitro powered m/t kits that came out in the late 80's/early 90's. Both the elc and nitro versions came with a 10scale body that was based off of Everett Jasmer's real truck. It only came as a kit, you had to build it and bearings, pipe, engine, radio were extra. The kit weighs just over 9 pounds and was marketed as a 10 scale kit (I believe because of the "10scale" body) but it was a true 8scale kit in everyway. It was a very popular m/t kit back then and can still hold its own today, if not beat the pants off some of the newer products. Kyosho still has some parts listed for it and you may find some parts stock left at some older stores that use to sell it. C/A mag did product review of it in their April/92 issue and a custom twin build up in june of 99 issue, radar tested at 67mph. It's a very cool tough kit, I still got mine.
I now its a long shot but does anyone have access to this April 1992 mag? I had it and cant find it. I swore when I paint my first body it will be just like the one on the bottom of the front cover. Yes 16 years later I'm painting my first. I have 9 rc's but all had repainted bodies. The absolute first thing in my mind when I just bought a new truck was that I finally get to paint one lol. I would pay someone to get me pics of the pages it has for painting thjat body!