RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 08-25-2021, 11:18 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

I finished the Big Guff yesterday but it was too windy to fly the Big Guff yesterday. I'm waiting for a calmer day.

Pictures of the finished model below.

It is not as well-built as the red one which was destroyed in a fire, partly because the 1mm balsa which clads the fuselage was rather soft and I was unable to remove some of the ripples however much I sanded it . Towards the end of the construction process I also began to lose interest, something which often occurs as far as I'm concerned. It is unsurprisingly nose heavy with the centre of gravity at about 30% of the root chord instead of the 40% recommended. I plan to move the receiver battery backwards. I have also lost the vinyl graphics sent to me by Pyramid Models similar to those which adorned the fin of the red one. I expect that they'll turn up sometime when I'm looking for something else!

I plan to change the Laser 70 in the nose for a Laser 62 when it comes back from the menders!

The tail surfaces were built for me by my club colleague at Berry Marche Modelisme, Guy Auxvieux.