RCU Forums - View Single Post - PB Core/Swiwin 60/VSpeak/Pioneer setup tutorial
Old 08-26-2021, 11:28 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts
Default PB Core/Swiwin 60/VSpeak/Pioneer setup tutorial

In order to take advantage of the telemetry capabilities of my PB Core I contacted AeroPanda and ordered A VSpeak turbine telemetry adapter.

This took me a little tinkering to get setup due to lack of detailed instructions and some assumptions on the part of those doing documentation and videos. I hope this saves you some time and frustration if you're a first timer, once you do this once you will be a pro (I'm not a pro but I figured it out!)

Here's the setup.
Rebel Hot with a Swiwin 60B turbine and a VSpeak telemetry adapter.
The airborne system is a Powerbox Core with a Pioneer and 2x 26D PBR receivers and an iSat iGyro sensor.

The iSat gyro plugs into the Pioneer in the center port on the power side labeled FAST Track
The 26D receivers plug into the RX1 and RX2 ports using the P2Bus ports

The blue plug for the VSpeak plugs into the telemetry port of the Swiwin ECU
Now, you need a Y-Harness, disconnect RX1 at the receiver end and connect the Y so that the male coming from the Pioneer is plugged into a female on the Y, the male coming from the VSpeak is plugged into the other female on the Y, and the male from the Y plugged into the P2Bus port on the receiver.
Power up and add a telemetry widget for RX1 status.
Set the DATA OUT to P2Bus Out (that's not the default!) (Photo 1)
On the VSpeak follow page 6 of the manual using the button to setup the VSpeak to output PB protocol (this was an annoying step!)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p0_...UGdEeaPQD/view link to the VSpeak detailed manual, not that 2 page quick start that comes with the unit.
Bring up your RX1 widget and click RESCAN SENSORS (Photo 2)
Now when you click MENU in the telemetry widget, you will see in addition to the RX, Pioneer, and CORE, a new entry called TURBINE (Photo 3)
Add a widget from the turbine menu, it doesn't matter but the in the upper left I added a medium size TURBINE STATUS widget.
Hold the turbine status widget till it wiggles then tap it.
Tap the bars under MENU
That brings up the selection screens for the VSpeak. From there you can set your fuel tank size, throttle channel etc. (Photo 4 and Photo 5)
You can now add your widgets supported by the ECU. I hold down on the main screen till the display shimmers then tap the +P to add a new blank page. Scroll to that page and add the widgets you want from the TURBINE menu, status, voltage, fuel flow, etc.. (Photo 6)

Once you get your turbine screen and widgets configured you can start setting up alarms.

Photo1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Last edited by BarracudaHockey; 08-26-2021 at 11:31 AM.