RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skyraider Brotherhood (All Skyraiders Welcome)
Old 08-27-2021, 05:12 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OldScaleGuy, I agree with gonzalobures on the 85 recommendation. I am running a DA-85 and this plane is 43 or so pounds and has plenty of power. Recently I saw where DLE's 85 now comes with a vibration dampening mount. I am interested in one myself, since the 85s are known for some single cylinder vibrations. DLE85 RC Model engine | DLE (dlengine.com)

However, DA offers a great product and support first hand. Friends have sent damaged DAs to them, and only had parts cost, and no labor cost for repairs.

Have you seen the UMS round engines from C&H Ignition:
UMS ENGINES Archives - CH-ignitions

I have been looking at these, and from what I can find, they are a reliable and more affordable way to to have a round engine.

As gonzalobures said, we can always pull the throttle back, but I can say with other Z planes, the 85cc is the only way to go, especially when full war-power is needed, it is there. In addition, no matter what powerplant you decide to go with, nose weight is always needed, so might as well add power while adding weight.

Great looking airframe too. Keep us up on what you decide and when you are flying.

Blueskys,
Warbirdrcer