RCU Forums - View Single Post - Big Gull Tribute
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 05:24 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by UStik
Flyer, seems you don't know that Ken is the designer. For some information, see this thread.
You hit the nail on the head! Thank you for the link the thread was educational and I'm thoroughly impressed by Ken's history! You Lucky dog! I loved where the FYG Leaf name comes from. My own R/C history is much less impressive or interesting. I started out with a Comet kit in 1968 as was immediately smitten with the hobby. I got into C/L and then in 1973 - 74 built my first radio, a 3 channel Heathkit with 3 KPS-10 servos) for a HS electronics class. My second radio was a 1975 Kraft 5 channel I bought off the original owner who bought but never used it. I got out of R/C for a time between 1980 - 2004 and didn't so much as pick up a R/C magazine. It would seemed I missed the most exciting part of Ken's history. I started getting interested in a building a FARS 103 compliant airplane in 2004 with my No. 4 son Scott. The wife wasn't sold on the idea and suggested I go back into R/C. I sold an early OS Max .60 4 cycle (serial No. 5) to finance my relaunch in the hobby. I have been building and occasionally flying ever since. Anyone still awake?

Mike