RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carf rebel pro
Thread: Carf rebel pro
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 05:06 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by smcharg
Dansy Definitely not dead set on the 235 for either the Pro or the Max. I've been recommended the 260 in the Max for F3S but also the person recommending said engine likes a lot of power and a 260 would be more than 1:1 Thrust to Weight. I've also been told that the Max does not want to or like to fly fast. In fact, do not try to fly the Max fast. This is what I've been told by a trustworthy source.

I know that either the Pro or the Max will fly F3S (at least Silver) just fine but it seems to me that you need thrust vectoring to get through 1 or 2 maneuvers in the F sequence to be competitive. My hope is that the Rebel will fly F3S Silver until I can afford the Mephisto with thrust vectoring and then I can be competitive with the 3 guys in the US that fly the whole of F3S here in the states (this number is solely based on the F3S Nationals competitions over the last few years). It's obvious that F3S Silver has many more pilots than F3S and is very competitive.

I feel like the Max may present better "in the box" but I don't know. I hope to find out today what is available from CARF.
All I know is the Pro I build was around the 210 and has a wide flight envelope it can fly very slowly and that one has smoke so not feather light, the Max’s I saw fly so far are like you said pretty much all flown at a slower pace not sure how it would present but I think either would work..…the mephisto is a great plane for sure…
The following users liked this post:
smcharg (09-09-2021)