RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crashed , damaged servo
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 09:19 AM
init4fun

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Larns View Post
I am totally new to RC planes , I bought an Ares 370v2 did some training on a sim but once I took it out I had an issue with keeping it stable . It went up vertically and then ended up crashing . I tested it , but now the controls donít work properly . I bought a new micro controller the same model as the one I found inside , is it called a servo ? Would this part need to be programmed ? I tried plugging it in but nothing happened.

how could I get this part to work ? Or is it not worth to repair now ?

thanks
Wow, let's see, , , where to start......

Ok, so first off, your airplane "stalled" , which is why it crashed. "Stalled" in this case don't mean the motor quit, it means the wing's "angle of attack" was so great that no air could flow over both sides of the wing to produce lift. No lift = crashed plane. When your plane began to be aiming too nose high I'll bet you made the classic newbie mistake and held full up elevator VS putting the elevator DOWN to bring the nose back down to level and get air flowing over the wings.

This brings us to proper training. If your truly serious about this hobby and don't want your beginnings to be a series of crashed airplanes, the best move you could make is to join a local RC flying club and have them teach you. The club's instructors will train you to not make the 4 or 5 classic newbie mistakes that end up driving a lot of attempted self taught RC pilots out of the hobby in frustration. Sure, a SIM is great practice, but as you've found real life RC flying is a bit more difficult than the SIM is, which is why I recommend learning from a real life instructor.

Now, if I understand your post correctly, it's the receiver you replaced when you speak of a "micro controller" ? If so, anytime you use a new receiver you need to "bind" that receiver to the transmitter, do a search for "Binding an RC receiver" for info on it.

Lastly, if your 100% determined to not take instruction from a real life person VS a sim, my best advice would be to scrap what you have now and look into one of Horizon Hobby's trainers with "SAFE" technology. It's kinda sorta almost like an autopilot that can (sometimes) save you from mistakes like stalling the airplane, it's in no way any kind of good substitute for an actual instructor, but it's light years ahead of what your trying to fly now.